7 Strategies for Overcoming Whiplash
- Chiropractic Care: Chiropractic adjustments of the spine restore normal motion and position of the spinal vertebrae that were effected from the accident. The realignment and motion to the vertebrae allow proper nerve function to the brain to help allow the body to heal the damaged areas. It is by far the single most effective treatment for minimizing the long term impact of whiplash injuries, without it maximum healing can not be established. When Chiropractic adjustments are coupled with these following strategies, restoration of your injury is greatly improved!
- Soft Tissue Rehabilitation: Soft tissues are the muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves that are damaged during the injury. Very specific stretching and ROM (range of motion) exercises are performed to prevent scar tissue formation and lessen pain.
- Therapeutic Exercises: These are exercises geared specifically to strengthen the muscles and supporting ligaments that stabilize your spine. Without proper muscle stabilization re-injury to the area is more likely.
- Massage Therapy: A therapeutic massage can be very beneficial to ease muscle tension in your neck. It does also help in the healing process by improving circulation, reducing pain and headache frequency.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Trigger point therapy is performed by identifying tight painful points of a muscle by putting direct pressure on these points to alleviate muscle tension.
- Nutrition: With whiplash comes inflammation. So, consuming whole foods or supplements, that act as natural anti-inflammatory’s, is beneficial. Also, avoiding those foods that cause inflammation should be removed from your diet.
- Ice: Just as we stated above these injuries cause a lot of inflammation around your spine. Icing you neck for 10-15 minutes 2-4 times a day will help control the swelling as well as decrease the pain.
So, if you are looking for the most effective way to overcome whiplash, without the use of drugs or surgery, then Chiropractic Care along with these other treatments are the way to go. At our clinic we offer all these ways to help you recover quickly and as effectively as possible. Also, just as important, we teach you how to manage this problem once you get over this obstacle so that you can prevent further injury to your spine.
Spinal problems often turn into major health problems due to the spines unstable relationship with the central nervous system and brain. Research continues to prove that even minor fender benders and collision trauma, possess enough power to radically alter both the short and long term health of those involved.
WANT TO READ MORE? CHECK OUT OUR BLOG POSTS