The Silent Epidemic
A 2014 study published in The Journal of Neurology and a 2005 study published in The Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, assess the efficacy of medications, acupuncture and spinal manipulation (spinal adjustment) for chronic spinal pain.
Journal of Neurology 2014 Findings:
- Over 100,000 people have died from prescribed opioid drugs in the US
- More people died of opioid related deaths between 1999-2010 than died in the Vietnam War
- 50% of patients taking opioid drugs for 3 months are still on opioid drugs 5 years later
- There is NO evidence from clinical trials that opioids could be safely and effectively used in patients with chronic, non-cancer pain
- 3.5 million people are addicted to opioid drugs
- Over 16000 people die annually from opioid use
What is an Opioid drug?
Medications that fall under opioid drugs are: Vicodin, Oxycontin, Percocet, Morphine and Codeine.
Opioids neither address the cause of problems nor improve function but they do come with significant side effects!
These studies clarify two important points
- Opioid drug use is on the rise and very dangerous
- Chiropractic is proven to be five time more effective than opioid drugs and three times more effective than acupuncture in helping people with the cause of their pain.
Millions of men, women and infants suffer from the worldwide epidemic
of opioid use and addiction.
Chiropractic provides access to non-opioid solutions that last!